View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #149
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
I guess I am just confused as to what the Schaub haters want. Is Houston supposed to run out and draft a rookie because there were 3 rookies that did well this year? What about all the other years where rookies didn't pan out? Serious questions here.
Maybe we could, uh, like spend a higher draft pick on one? Rather than waiting until round 6 or 7 or grabbing a UDFA.

That wouldn't happen, though, because THAT would be sending a message to Matt Schaub that Matt Schaub's job just might be endangered. It's convenient for Gary to draft a clipboard QB so that it doesn't threaten his defacto starter.

And it also wouldn't work because drafting a Qb at ANY round is a crapshoot, so therefore that's another layer of protection for Matt Schaub and his fan club.

Really what it boils down to, IMO, is people are as conservative as Gary Kubiak is. They're afraid that any change would be a huge step backward and we'd regret it. When what's funny is we spent roughly 4 or 5 years with David Carr and were sunk every season that that jabroni was here being protected under similar circumstances, i.e. "Well, he's THE STARTER!" and "Where else are we going to find an upgrade?!?!" and "He just needs a better OL."

The problem with Matt is that he's juuuust good enough. Nobody wants to risk going backward. But that also means we aren't moving FORWARD, either.