View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #37
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Foxsports] Kubiak needs to get it together after ugly win

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Just curious I only remember 1 time when the Texans actually threw into the end zone, the pass to AJ. I am sure there were others, i just don't remember , but it does seem we don't throw into the end zone as much as other teams when we get into the red zone. Any body else notice this? Why do you think we don't? Is it that we just don't have the quick receivers or some other reason.
I think Gary is being conservative.

He wants us getting a FG attempt no matter what. If we get into the RZ, but we're a good 15 to 20 yards out...we're looking to play it safe and secure the FG attempt. If we're within the 10, you'll see us play it less conservative.

I think Gary is going overboard with being conservative, tbh.

He does the same thing when we're within our own 15 or 10. Both ends of the field, it's like he's got this ultra conservative philosophy that says "Don't screw up the field position game..." or "Don't screw up the FG attempt..."

Which I think might be causing this team's players to play it too safely everywhere else. Your coach is basically training you to always think about safety FIRST.

That's my pet theory, though.