View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Bengals the Patriots and the fans

I feel like bckey needed to be able to post a thread where he could state, from start to finish, why he feels the way he feels....rather than how it turned out last night where he says one thing and then has to fight off the "Bad fans, Good fans" posters who did nothing more than bang pots and pans together as if that was a great way to have a discussion about all this.

Good for him, he got to state his position.

No Texans fan sat there yesterday and hoped we would lose. But I will tell you that I, GP, did sit there and think (many times) "We can't play like that...we can't coach like that...vs. the Patriots. We'll be screwed." So there was this bittersweet feeling that yeah, you were rooting for your team...but you also felt a twist in your stomach that IF we beat the Bengals we're headed for a good dose of medicine next Sunday.

That makes it hard to feel great about the win vs. Bengals. Had I seen a domination by the Texans, where basically the spirit of Brian Cushing was channeled through the bodies of our offense and defense the whole game? Yeah, I'd be stoked for next Sunday. But I still saw the same tendencies and the same inadequate effort by most of this team that I'm cranky about this situation.

We had a chance to get HFA and bring them to our house. And we gave it away. As if we felt guilty for having a 12-1 record going into the final 5 games of the year. As if it wasn't right for us to get a first round bye and to have HFA throughout. This team changed after the OT win on Turkey Day. Why or what happened, I don't know. But it changed.

The "Suh isn't Texans worthy" comment by Schaub, the lettermen jackets, the Segways, etc., it felt like everyone let off the gas pedal. IMO.