View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Foxsports] Kubiak needs to get it together after ugly win

Since we're all saying what game plan should be implemented, this is mine and has been mine (even prior to our Week 14 game vs. the Patriots):

1. You have to bring your A+ game -- No dropped passes, no stupid penalties, no Schaub backpedaling for his life, basically play your best in all facets of the game.

2. You have to have the Patriots stumble and make their own mistakes, and then capitalize off those mistakes when given the opportunities.

Now let's see what happened in that Week 14 matchup:

The Texans played very well in the opening minutes of the game. We had around four straight runs and Foster was doing really good. We had a questionable holding call on one of our OL, which brought back a tremendous Foster run. I think we still moved the ball after that....but then things got bogged down or Matt turned the ball over, can't remember.

Next, Patriots got down to the EZ and Kareem Jackson tried to pick up a loose ball and run with it rather than just jumping on it. A play or two later, the Patriots score a TD.

THAT deflated this team. Period. They saw their offense sort of wilt, then our defense couldn't secure a timely turnover off the Pats, and that was the point that I saw this Texans team throw patience and smart play out the window.

Gotta' bring your A+ game, and you gotta' hope that Brady & Co. lose some focus and we get some benefit out of it. Then the Patriots do what we do: Crumble under the disappointment, sort of retreat into a cocoon of worry and lack of focus.

It's just that we get there more easily than they do. They have a QB and an offense that can really rebound quickly.