View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Bears get permission to interview Texans' Dennison

The size of that menu, coupled with how intensely Gary studies it throughout the game, gives me the impression that he's already got an idea of what play SHOULD be called...then Dennison radio's down to Kubiak the play to be called.

1.) Gary has said he (Gary) has the chance to change the call if he wants to...

2.) How many times does Gary change the call?

So it won't matter WHO is our o-coordinator, that guy is screwed because the head coach fancies himself the guy who can change the call if he wants to.

What o-coord wants THAT? What other head coach in the NFL carries that menu like that and openly says "Yeah, I can change the call if I want to."? I know several coaches carry play sheets around, but how many of them are as engaged in the process as Gary is?

The HC of the Falcons carries around a little pad of paper and he's scribbling down notes about what his team needs to work on for the next week. He's watching the game, taking notes, using that to create a list of problems to be worked on the next week. Like a head coach SHOULD be doing.

Dennison probably hopes he gets the Bears' job. But I don't think he will. Then it comes down to whether the front office wants him back, since he's in his last year of a contract here.

Pretty interesting series of events to be looking at.