View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #949
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans. 1/5. 3:30. **Official Wildcard GameDay Threa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I wanted to say something about the Bengal's game plan. On TV, so far the story is that the Bengals had a dumb game plan & that's why they lost. The biggest "issue" was that there were 0 targets to AJ Green.

I think what they did, was listen to too much radio & read too many news papers. They "heard" that Jjo was the better corner & Kjax was the weaker. They "heard" that we can't handle tightends across the middle.

It looked to me that they went after Kj & Quin. Unfortunately, those guys stepped up... big time. So I don't think it was a bad "game plan" just didn't work out for them.

They also said the Bengal's should have ran the ball more, but with the defense pitching 3 & outs & keeping them in 3rd & long.... they just didn't have a shot. & though the score didn't show it, offensively we weren't given up the ball. So when they had the ball, they were in panic mode even though they were only down by 6.

The defense did a great job, don't get me wrong. But the offense did what they had to do to help the defense.
When your defense is shutting guys down, you don't take unnecessary risks and you eat up time. Our first half defensive performance was insane.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote