View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yeah, big time statement there. Our coach would do better with a top 5 QB. Who would have thought that. Lol!

What I don't get from these people that seem like they just started watching football who make these statements is how they think they're going to get a top 5 QB. They think that we can just go into the off season and demand Tom Brady or Andrew Luck from their other team and we just buy him like he's at Target or something. These people have zero cred when they say that kind of thing. I definitely want to replace Schaub, but this whole "if we had a guy like Rodgers or Brady" crap is such nonsense, because we don't have a guy like that and there is no way to "just get one" when every other team in the league wants one. So essentially we're like one of 25 other teams who are trying to get that kind of guy and there isn't even always one that is in every draft. Some years are bad QB years for the draft even. People just talk to talk when they say that. Who wouldn't want a top 5 QB? I know that I would, but there has to be a plan to get one, and more then likely that will involve the draft somehow. People talk like getting an elite QB is as easy as getting a competent kicker in any given off season.
I think for the most part, those guys are saying to draft someone with a first day pick. Let him sit for the first year or until Schaub gets hurt & go from there.

It makes sense, if you think Schaub has hit his ceiling and/or is injury prone.

They've also said that we should go after a guy like Cutler (doesn't look like he'll be available, but if he was...) or Flacco or even Alex Smith & that person would look as good as Schaub because of their added mobility & Kubiak's "system"

Which also makes sense. This idea that Matt is irreplaceable, or that we can not find someone better is actually sillier & defeatist especially if you think there is room for improvement.

I don't believe you have to have an "elite" QB to win the Super Bowl. Eli Manning has won 2 & I don't care what you say, he's not elite. Take away that pass rush & let him win a Super Bowl, then I might change my mind. Our pass rush doesn't look like the Giants, but our defense is just as good & I think good enough to win with Schaub at QB.

I also don't care to waste draft picks looking for diamonds when we've got enough problems to address.

But that's just me.