View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #59
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100585 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Convincing us the Pats used to get screwed a long time ago, does not give me any more faith in the innocence of the NFL. Nobody's saying the Pats have always been "favored." Some day the Texans might be "favored" because of who knows what story or QB. I just don't like the refs favoring anybody in the first place. If they're going to run it like the WWF, they need to admit it so all us suckers can waist our time on something else.
I just hate seeing biased refs officiate games they have no business officiating. For instance, when Mike Carey officiates a SD Charger game, or Larry Nemers a KC Chiefs game, etc. The League just shouldn't have refs officiating hometown games; I don't care how much they save on travel costs.

I still say the replacement refs were no worse than the part-time refs the NFL currently employs. I also believe the refs should be available to the media to answer for blown calls and poorly officiated games. Don't like the fact the NFL controls that aspect, in the sense they fine players, coaches and team personnel, for publicly criticizing poor officiating, and they also control media access to the games for both those that support and oppose them. They make it to where their pawns/refs are beyond reproach.