View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Patriots ready for the Texans

Advantages:

Head Coach - Pats
QB - Pats
OL - Pats
RB - Texans
WR - Push
TE - Pats

DL - Push
LB - Pats
Sec. - Texans

Special Teams, incl. K - Pats

AJ plus no one is about equal to their group of WRs, in my estimation. However, Brady + Welker + Gronk + Hernandez is better than Schaub + AJ + OD + well, no one really. Wilfork is a beast, but the Texans have Watt. Their front seven as a whole is better than the Texans front seven. If the OL can neutralize their DL often enough to get Arian Foster going, then there's a chance the Texans can get an early lead and grind the clock. But the Texans have to score TDs, not FGs. The Texans secondary is better than the Patriots, I believe, but when Brady is running what is effectively the run and shoot offense, it only matters so much. The Texans' tendency to fall prey to the play action pass to the TE in the red zone is worth keeping an eye on, because Gronkowski is not injured this game. Hernandez burned the Texans on it last time, but Gronk can do it anywhere in the end zone, not just the flats.

I hate to say it, but I predict the Patriots will win easily. If the weather is bad, that keeps the Texans in it, I believe, so I'm praying for snow.