View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #49
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Why is Schaub considered a heady QB. Does a heady QB make that throw to Casey? Does a heady QB zero in on one player all the time? Does a heady QB lose his cool and rush when there is no one around?
I am beginning to think MS is just the opposite of heady?
I just must miss all the pump fakes and looks he makes to redirect the DBs.
Is there a reason Matt does not have more flexibility at the line with play calls or is it just GK thinking he is always right?

I do agree 100% with the last part of your post?
I just want to point out that some QBs considered as "heady" made some poor throws at times.

Consider Peyton's 3 INTs game.
How about Brees' 5 INTs game.
And they lost those games, of course.

Then if you watch Luck' play throughout the season.
Besides the INTs that he threw, there were other balls that were dropped by the Defenders when Luck threw the ball right at their numbers as if they were the ones who ran the route. Balls that looked like the one Schaub threw yesterday were also common, but luckily, the DBs didn't time it quite right, or they couldn't quite haul the ball in.

Schaub is not a great QB, but he's not a bad one either.
That is all I'm saying.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote