View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #57
Modest
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Modest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Pats fans don't like to acknowledge the asterisk on their helmets, they like to pretend it is a star.

Anyone that has been watching football for any length of time knows Brady fumbled the ball on that snowy New England night. He "tucked" the ball when he put his second hand on it and brought it to his chest. He knew he fumbled, and even admitted as much after the game. He then made a joke out of the call later. It has since become known as one of the worst if not the worst call in NFL history. End of story.

Let me quote my post since you seem to want to ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modest View Post

1. Fault the rule, not the call. According to the rule, it was called correctly.
2. The same rule was called AGAINST the Patriots that season against the division rival Jets and in turn cost us a win.
3. I am oh so tired of hearing that when that call was made, that the Raiders lost the game by default. Nothing else happened after that call. All that happened was that call.

The fact we were playing in a blizzard is ignored. The fact that the drive after the tuck rule call was only to tie the game so we could go into OT is ignored. The fact that in OT, Brady went a perfect 8 for 8 and Vinetari kicked a game winning FG -IN A BLIZZARD- is ignored.

4. As far as I'm concerned, that call still doesn't make up for how the Patriots were robbed against the Raiders in the 1976 Divisional playoffs. Thats right. These two teams have been involved in another top 10 most controversial calls of all time- and this time the call went the Raiders way- and they in turn went on to win the Superbowl. Watch and learn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jln47i31ps

I did have the original version of this when it made the top 10 series the NFL Network runs occasionally but apparently the NFL copy wright nazis have deleted it.

After that debacle that happened on Thanksgiving with Forsett against the Lions, I'm surprised you're so vocal about a call that happened over a decade ago.

Oh and back on topic- heres to a great injury free game Texans.
Modest is offline   Reply With Quote