View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #189
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
If true, then it would explain the perceived predictability and also the drop in play of the left side of the line (at times) as well... It's hard to successfully run a bootleg play action pass if the weak side DE knows the play ahead of time!

(JUST A THEORY)
Here's my thinking on the "perceived predictability"

Who cares?

If you're telling me that Kubiak is predictable because "they" know we're going to run the ball on first down, I say so what. We should be able to run the ball on first down whether they know we're going to or not. We should be able to run the ball on 3rd & 1, whether they know or not. That's the difference between the good teams & the bad teams.

Now we've got a QB who is supposed to assess the defense & put us in the best position to succeed. If they're overloading the right side, he should switch it to the left. if they are overloading the left side, he should change it to the right. If they can out man us on both the left & the right, then we just aren't that good to begin with.

Wade Smith, Chris Myers, Ben Jones, Derek Newton, & Ryan Harris getting blown 2 yards off the ball ain't about being predictable. It's about needing to get better at your craft.

But that's just me.