View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #27
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats View Post
Might the Patriots be the better team for once?

Other teams have come to Foxboro and put the beat down on NE. The Ravens in 09 and Jets 10. Last year the Ravens should have won, but Lee Evans didnt have both feet down and dropped the ball.
Oh, the Patriots might be the best in the NFL, and they have been before (mostly because of Brady). I'm not saying they can't be; I'm saying that often the commish and his refs prefer it that way, even on "any given Sunday," when some likely somewhat lesser team would otherwise happen to have a better day.

It ain't just the Patriots. I'm saying there is a very slowly changing list of 32 teams, top to bottom. Some are favored and some are hated, for whatever reasons. Your name, your QB, a story about a cancer stricken coach, whatever. Right now, I figure Peyton Manning is the NFL's 21st century version of John Elway and will be helped to bring Denver back to the promised land (to bad McNair didn't think of that for Houston). I won't mind at all when you are complaining about the refs home-cooking favoring Manning--we been down that road a few times--but, I won't deny that he's a darn good QB too.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote