View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Unfortunately you are correct. The best recent example I can point to that everyone can acknowledge is the now infamous Tuck-Rule game. Where the NFL actually tried to convince football fans that Brady having two hands on the ball tucked to his chest, was in fact a throwing motion. The NFL went into full blown spin-control starting the day after. So yeah, the NFL will ultimately massage a game here and there to get the match-ups they think is best for their fans.

If you think this was actually a good call by the refs, then you don't know football. If you ate up the chit the NFL shoveled with their good-call-bad-rule spin, you are the perfect mindless customer in their eyes.
I just watched that for the first time, and I was already convinced.

Think about the blown call that kept the old Luv Ya Blue Oilers out of the SB. Think about the disaster in Buffalo--you don't think the refs might've had something to do with that? Now, think about our 3rd string RB in Detroit this year. Detroit don't win on Thanksgiving day--that's a tradition. A lot of it is left up to the talent on the field, but those refs are having their influence, and it's dictated to them by the commissioner.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote