View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #17
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49254 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWin View Post
NFL wants Brady vs. Manning

We're gonna have a hard time getting any calls if this game is close in crunchtime. On the flipside, I can see a lot of ticky tack defensive holding and PI calls on us should this be close in the 4th.

I hope I'm wrong, but let's face it... Brady vs. Manning would make for MUCH better ratings and storylines than us.
Unfortunately you are correct. The best recent example I can point to that everyone can acknowledge is the now infamous Tuck-Rule game. Where the NFL actually tried to convince football fans that Brady having two hands on the ball tucked to his chest, was in fact a throwing motion. The NFL went into full blown spin-control starting the day after. So yeah, the NFL will ultimately massage a game here and there to get the match-ups they think is best for their fans.

If you think this was actually a good call by the refs, then you don't know football. If you ate up the chit the NFL shoveled with their good-call-bad-rule spin, you are the perfect mindless customer in their eyes.