View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If the Texans get crushed next week @ Patriots, will that spark any changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
what they said about Russell Wilson...

how stupid do you thinks some of those GMs are feeling now?
I don't think any of them are feeling stupid, nor should they.

Hell, it's not like Wilson was even a 1st rounder. He was like a 3rd rounder. Even Carroll didn't think Wilson would be his starter today. He thought that Flynn would most likely but Wilson beat him out in pre season. Guys like Russell Wilson are not the norm for 3rd round picks. He is a bright exception. Most teams that draft 3rd round QB's end up running through several QB's for years before finding a full time starter. Russell Wilson is like 5'11 or something like that too which usually doesn't fair well in the NFL. I hate when I hear people bring up Wilson as if he is some sort of norm around the league. It's like saying Tom Brady was a 6th rounder!!! We can get a guy like that in the 6th round. Uuumm, no we can't. Sure it's possible, but the odds are way against it. I've seen a hell of a lot more short mobile QB's like Wilson who end up failing then succeeding long term in this league. Plus, Wilson has only had one season in this league. Let's see if he can continue this for years. Matt Stafford looked great last season and completely flopped this year. Same with Cam Newton. I think Wilson will be pretty good for a long time personally, but most 3rd round and even 2nd round QB picks don't end up doing so well.

I'm not saying we can't find a great QB there, but I just don't like the odds. I'd rather find one of those top studs coming into the draft that has stronger odds for being a great player.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote