View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Something happened

Matt Schaub completed 76% of his passes for 262 yards.
Arian ran the ball 32 times for 148 yards & 8 catches for 38 yards
Owen Daniels had 9 catches for 91 yards
We held the ball for 38 minutes & 47 seconds.
The defense held the Bengals to less than 50% and 127 yards passing.
We held them to 80 yards rushing (15 by the QB)

I think something happened, I think the Texans slowed the descent a few weeks back & have started to play better & better every week. I understand 2 wins over the last 5 games isn't anything to brag about. But what I'm seeing, is instead of just band-aiding the offense, & the defense, we're actually getting better.

We're not slinging the ball on a lot of short dump offs & quick slants to hide the fact we can't protect our QB. They're providing good protection, handling their assignments & Schaub is getting time to scan the field & make good decision.

We're not pitching the ball to our running back, bringing in an extra tackle, or changing the way we block up front to hide the fact that we're just not good. We're not dazzling them with misdirection or direct snaps or anything like that. We're lining up in our run formation on run downs & blowing them off the line of scrimmage.

Defensively, we still have pass rush issues. But the secondary (I'm going to have to start another thread for them) is playing lights out.