Thread: still not happy
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #196
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: still not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You guys have this knee jerk reactionary stuff that makes y'all look silly. Sorry, but if you could cheer for a team all season long and call them a great team, but then totally melt down after like two losses "like you have" well nothing will ever be good enough for you. You go from well we're a great team, to our QB is worthless. Lol! Sorry, but that sounds like a child who has a fit when things don't go his way. I remember all of your talk before the season to GP. All about how great these garbage young WR's would be and how confident you were about Martin and Jean this team as a whole. The minute we started to struggle, you jumped off board and you've bashed everything about this team. Sorry, but that's just a flip flop mentality with no real consistency at all. Teams get hot and cold all the time. If you can't be happy that we are in the 2nd round of the playoffs, then why even bother with this team?
OK, Tex. I'm going to do this ONE TIME for you. ONCE.

1. I was riding high all season. OK?

2. IN the MNF game vs. Jets, people were knee-jerking all the way to the 4th quarter. All game long, from the very start..even at the time of Cushing's injury...I said "We're going to win. No doubt in my mind. We got this. Relax." I said that al game long, believed every word of it. And it happened.

3. MNF game vs. Bears? Same thing. People freaked out, I said "Nope. We got this. It looks ugly, but we got this. We're going to win." We won.

4. Jax game? I was so crazy about this team, I knew we were going to win. Even in OT, I knew we would. We did.

5. Detroit? Same thing. Even when the Lions lined up for the game winning FG in OT...I knew he was going to miss it. Not even one single doubt, he was going to find a way to doink it or shank it. And he did. And we won, just like I knew we would.

6. Something happened in that Lions game. I don't know if it was Schaub's foot, or his mojo was drained or what. Something happened.

7. I predicted we'd lose to the Pats. I knew our only chance was IF the Pats stumbled AND we brought our A+ game all the way from 1st qtr. to the final whistle. Boy, I took an ass chewing from a lot of posters the week leading up to that game. But, I was right. It was fugly.

8. I told people the Vikings were really REALLY probably a tough game for us. I said Gary had it in him to go 1-1 in the last two games. b0ng was trotting out his infamous "Christian Ponder" images and graphs and tried to tell us we shouldn't be scared of him. I knew we were screwed. And we were. Watching that game, I had zero sense that we'd win. How can I know we'd win vs. Jets, Bears, Jax, and Lions...all in those similar "squeaker games" where previously we had outlasted the opponent in a tough game???

9. Colts game. Well, I said "We're screwed. We're not winning HFA." And we didn't.

10. A win in the playoffs vs. the Bengals? I'm glad the fans in Reliant got to see the guys win one. I genuinely am. They deserved to see our guys win one last time because this next one is probably going to be ugly. Again.

So tell me, just because I call it like I see it...I, and others like me, are BAD fans and need to root for other Super Bowl teams because we're so awful???

I think you need to slow down, honestly. People can compartmentalize and put things in boxes: Here's my Bengals win, it goes in this box. But here comes the Patriots...so here's my "Well, we just prolonged the inevitable" box...One doesn't weigh any heavier than the other to us. A win? It was A win. Singular. One win. What happens next? Probably more of what happened [reviously against Brady & Co.

But yeah, they could shrivel up and lay down. It happens. The Jets found that out back a few years ago. But it's not LIKELY.

So put down the gavel. Let people speak.