View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #71
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'd be fine with that if it's for a really good player with some great potential. Hell, I'd trade away two #1 picks and other picks for a top 3 draft pick at QB if it was for an RG3 type of talent. I have no problem replacing Schaub, but your hyperbole about how bad he is isn't accurate at all. He didn't play great today, but he didn't play bad at all either. He made several good throws and a lot of clutch plays to extend drives on 3rd down which is something that he has lacked this season. He did well with it today, so you can whine all about how isn't as good as Aaron Rogers all you want, but you're going to be trying to find a QB like that for the next 20 years, because it aint gonna happen. Schaub will most likely be here for probably two more seasons.
Tex, we played the BENGALS.

He hasn't looked right since the Lions game on turkey day. He looked good up until that game...ever since, he hasn't looked right.

I would bet dollars to donuts that he comes out next season and has about 8 strong games to start the season, then that foot starts causing him problems...and he reverts back to what we've seen of him late in this season.

Something is wrong there. And I think the whole team knows it. I think it explains the general, overall glazed-over-eyes "look" we've seen on this team for the final games of the season. As if they know we've got a liability out there at QB.