View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #70
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I wonder how many of these doom-sayers recall that Bud reacted like some fans are preaching and tore down a 12-4 Oilers team when they didn't make the Super Bowl. He sent Warren Moon packing off to Minnesota and went with the backup. We finished 2-14 the very next year.

So be careful what you wish for. I'll take half-steps forward to a gigantic crash & burn backwards just to make a change.
What? Aw geez.

Yeah, that couldn't have ANYTHING to do with those players wanting/requiring bigger contracts (I remember that being one of the reasons for a few moves, IIRC). Bud is cheap as hell, as evidenced by his attire.

Plus, he was carving that team out like a pumpkin because he was about to move it all to Nashville. He was mad at many things, one way to get back at the city of Houston was to move the team...which came after having destroyed the Oilers' roster and making sure we all knew who was boss.

I don't think he did this because he thought the fans WANTED it.

That's a bigger conspiracy theory than anything I can even think up, Obsi.