Thread: still not happy
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #118
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18240 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: still not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It's not like the win displeases me. I'm not unhappy they won or anything like that. I just wasn't going to breakout the fireworks and fire up the margarita machine over a home win against the Bengals. Particularly not a home win where the Texans could only muster one touchdown.... again.

Nothing's is fixed. The defense held down another fair-to-good team at home. Big deal, that's easily done. Lets see them save our asses in New England next week. That will be a real trick. Even if we get the same effort from the defense and Arian Foster shows up like he did today we still aren't going to win against the Patriots with Schaub playing the way he has for the last 5-6 games.

Schaub was lousy.
Offense gets you to the playoffs. Defense win championships. If our offense is average, and our defense is dominate I will take our chances.

The Texans won't be the first team to be an underdog that is capable of pulling an upset. It happens all the time in the playoffs.

Remember Seattle and New Orleans a couple years back?

ANY. GIVEN. SUNDAY. (or Saturday...)
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote