View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #65
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
This is the kind of thinking that sent Bum Phillips out of Houston 32 years ago and the Oilers spiraling into obscurity.

I have no doubt that the Texans could win a Superbowl with both in place. As a matter of a fact, I think it is likely. Are there coaches and QBs that would increase the likelihood? Yes. Can the team identify and transition to them successfully? I have no idea. Furthermore, has patience proven to be prudent for the health of the organization? Yes. Therefore, I expect the patience to continue... while you may disagree with it, hopefully you can at least understand that it is a logical course of action motivated by a desire for future success... We'll have to see if it pays off with a Superbowl (though, it won't happen this year barring a miracle).
I wonder how many of these doom-sayers recall that Bud reacted like some fans are preaching and tore down a 12-4 Oilers team when they didn't make the Super Bowl. He sent Warren Moon packing off to Minnesota and went with the backup. We finished 2-14 the very next year.

So be careful what you wish for. I'll take half-steps forward to a gigantic crash & burn backwards just to make a change.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote