View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #111
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: What will it take to make you feel better about this team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
A win won't do it for me. I predicted a first round win after the Pats game. While I admittedly feel worse about the team than I did even then, I have the same reasoning for demanding more than a win in order to feel good about this team. I want a win where the team comes out and establishes the running game at a good clip (4+ YPC). I want a win where the QB doesn't come out sleepwalking and wearing concrete cleats. I want a win where the defense doesn't surrender a high percentage of 3rd down conversions like they have been. I want a win where the team converts in the red zone instead of driving for FGs.

In short, I want a win that will make me believe they have a chance against the Patriots.
Well, they improved and did some of the things I mentioned. The defense played the best game we've seen in at least a month. The run game was much, much better. Unfortunately, Schaub didn't do anything to alleviate my growing doubt about him. One TD and four FGs doesn't instill a ton of confidence in me either.

So .... meh. I still don't feel better about the team. But I've used the heart vs. head analogy before, and today my heart is happy. I'll worry about my head tomorrow.