View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #60
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Props for being consistently negative at least we know exactly where you stand
I just saw my team choke away HFA through the playoffs and the easiest possible path to the Super Bowl ever. That's where I stand. One WC round win where the only TD Matt Schaub could manage was for the other team isn't going to change the fact that they pissed away their best shot at reaching the Super Bowl. I'm consistently disappointed in them until they do something that exceeds the failure of the last 4 games of this regular season.

Talk to me next week following a win in New England (should that come to pass) and maybe I'll be a little less negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
so what if schaub and kubiak win those games vs the vikings and colts?

that proves nothing.

we know matt and gary can win regular season games. what we dont know is how matt and gary together finally how they will respond in the playoffs with everybody already claiming they are done.

im with you, i already know that gary and matt are not the ones to take us to the promise land. they are average to above average at best at what they do.

nevertheless, matt deserves this playoff shot vs a very good bengal defense. Even though i made up my mind about kubiak, with schaub im willing to be proven wrong. He has never been in a playoff game. One of his biggest knock is choking in big time games. Its been brought out in the forefront with a lot of national media already starting to ask questions that the anti kubiak and schaub brigade was asking years ago.

I always wondered why guys like joe flacco, tony romo, and matt ryan got their shortcomings questioned while a guy like schaub always escaped those criticisms. Well its coming now, and he has chance to step up and respond. I say this is the biggest game because if he doesnt step up now, at home, with all the questions about him, then the people who were on the fence about him can finally make a final decision. If matt plays like crap again, we would most likely lose rendering the game in foxboro irrelevant.

This game will set the narrative of Matt's career from here on out.
Well, I see nothing in this win from Matt that would change my opinion of him. It was a pedestrian performance putting his lack of mobility and weak arm on display. Foster and the defense won this game. Schaub just didn't manage to lose it this week.

And that was with outstanding protection. He was given all the time in the world today and he did what he was told. Still was responsible for more Bengals points than Dalton and threw some of the ugliest passes I've ever seen. The one that Daniels spun around to catch was hilarious. The wounded duck that AJ couldn't hold onto was pretty good too.

I'm torn. Who doesn't like wins but at the same time the longer this fraud rides this team to victory the longer we'll have to hold on to him.