View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #59
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
This is the kind of thinking that sent Bum Phillips out of Houston 32 years ago and the Oilers spiraling into obscurity.

I have no doubt that the Texans could win a Superbowl with both in place. As a matter of a fact, I think it is likely. Are there coaches and QBs that would increase the likelihood? Yes. Can the team identify and transition to them successfully? I have no idea. Furthermore, has patience proven to be prudent for the health of the organization? Yes. Therefore, I expect the patience to continue... while you may disagree with it, hopefully you can at least understand that it is a logical course of action motivated by a desire for future success... We'll have to see if it pays off with a Superbowl (though, it won't happen this year barring a miracle).
every once in awhile, someone posts on this message board that actually makes sense, and is rational and logical.

this is one of those posts.