View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #55
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Do you think that Gary and Schaub can bring a Lombardi to Houston?

If the answer is no then it's time to move on.

If the answer is yes how long do you think it will take?

Remember Matt is 31 and is playing on a bum foot that is likely to only get worse with age.
This is the kind of thinking that sent Bum Phillips out of Houston 32 years ago and the Oilers spiraling into obscurity.

I have no doubt that the Texans could win a Superbowl with both in place. As a matter of a fact, I think it is likely. Are there coaches and QBs that would increase the likelihood? Yes. Can the team identify and transition to them successfully? I have no idea. Furthermore, has patience proven to be prudent for the health of the organization? Yes. Therefore, I expect the patience to continue... while you may disagree with it, hopefully you can at least understand that it is a logical course of action motivated by a desire for future success... We'll have to see if it pays off with a Superbowl (though, it won't happen this year barring a miracle).