View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #187
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Doc, you know I only have respect for you.

But eyes can, and do deceive us often.

I went ahead and took all the screen shots in the first quarter of the Colts game and the whole half of the Dolphins games.

The Colts game showed that there were no tendency, whatsoever.

In the Dolphins game, I can see why you guys "thought" there was a tendency.
However, it was far from an absolute tendency.

It is true that in the first half, many many plays went as you described; but there were 6 plays that bucked the trend.

Also, there were plays when we were in empty backfield; those, for sure, are pass plays (I don't think we set up running play for Schaub maybe once in a blue moon, LOL.)

So, even though there was somewhat of a tendency, the Dolphins can only guess since we never showed that tendency in the previous game against the Colts.

I don't think I need to post the screen shots, but if I have time, I may just upload them onto photobucket some day.
I'll never forget the 1st year that Marty Schottenheimer was an analyst for ESPN. More than once, he would take the audience through coaches tape and pinpoint something slight from an offensive player and clearly show how it signaled a specific play or play type. I believe that there are those coaches in the NFL gifted at finding those things. It would be surprising if the Texans weren't guilty of telegraphing something given they are starting a rookie RG (who has never played the position before) and a converted TE at RT (who is starting for the first time). If true, then it would explain the perceived predictability and also the drop in play of the left side of the line (at times) as well... It's hard to successfully run a bootleg play action pass if the weak side DE knows the play ahead of time!

(JUST A THEORY)