View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #60
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
you're the one that's freaking blind. pass protection is also on the qb not just the offensive line.

i get that matt is no rg3, but there are things that a qb can do to help an offensive line.

its called being cagey in the pocket.

-get rid of the ball quicker
-throw the ball away
-step up in the pocket
-hit your check downs faster

Things that drew brees and another statue, tom brady excel at unlike schaub.

I was watching the nfl network and the playbook guys were breaking down schaub's play and it showed schaub not being able to pull the trigger with guys wide open and with him having protection.

you're the one that's being blind or being obtuse if you cant see schaub is at fault for a lot of those sacks.

I thought Schaub looked great the first 9 or 10 games of this season. However, there is no doubt he has played poorly the past few weeks and has been late on a number of balls.

That being said, Schaub at his best (which is very good), will always need more time to throw than Brady and Manning- his delivery and stride are somewhat longer... That doesn't mean he can't play at an elite level with reasonable talent around him... But, he's not doing it now and only partly due to the offensive line performance.