View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #26
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

In order for the Texans to win four straight games starting today and go on to win the Super Bowl: The run game has to dominate and the defense has to play like "Bulls on Parade" did in last year's playoffs. It's not impossible for that to happen but the healthy inside linebackers we have left, along with our secondary, have to elevate their game in order to match the intensity of the opposing offense.

I know our defensive line will give it all they have. I have confidence our secondary will come alive today. It's the linebackers I'm not too confident in right now. No Brian Cushing, no Tim Dibbons, we're already using our third stringer at one of the positions. The middle of the field will be wide open all game long for the Bengals, whether they want to exploit us through the air or the ground. We need Barwin and Reed to kick some ass and Bradie James has to play like he's 4 or 5 years younger - when he was beasting during his Dallas days. And hopefully Barrett Ruud can hold his own.

This is still a team game. Matt Schaub has to play well for the Texans to be holding the Lombardi Trophy a month from now. But we can still win even if he doesn't perform like an elite quarterback, but it's going to take other players stepping up their game which they haven't really done since November.

If the Texans run game and defense don't show up today the Bengals will swallow us alive and give us a beating of a lifetime. I hope guys like Arian Foster, Ben Tate, the entire offensive line and the entire defense (yes, Wade Phillips' entire group) come to play with a lot of passion, energy and heart. I'M CALLING THEM OUT AND QUESTIONING THEIR MAN HOOD!!!!!!! They have a lot to prove today.

I think it's pretty damn sad when so many of the so-called NFL experts on TV are picking the Bengals to win today. But I can't disagree with them if the Texans don't play much better than that pathetic trash that we've been seeing for the past month.

TODAY IS IT GUYS!!!!! Will the Texans step the hell up or choke again?