View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #44
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
This it.

This is what Matt Schaub has been waiting for. This is what Gary Kubiak has been waiting for. This is what the haters have been waiting for. This is what the loyal fans bless yalls hearts have been waiting for.

All the ugly criticisms of their careers have been brought up these past few weeks. From Schaub never played in a playoff game, cant win a big game, Kubiak's conservative nature, no confidence, this that all the negative crap about them... They have a chance to prove a lot of people wrong. They also have a chance to prove a lot of people right.

This is the biggest game in franchise history.

Not some meaningless out of division middle of the season over hyped game vs New England. I never quite understood that. Why would they call that the biggest in history? And they even augmented that situation by using letterman jackets and proceeded to get thumped like high schoolers.

I say both because they are tied to each other. They are the loyal President and embattled field general. No Kubiak in houston means no Schaub in Houston. This is their movie and they have to finish it. Management has made their bed and now they have sleep in it. They will ride and die with kubiak and schaub.

Nobody expects us to beat Tom Brady in New England.

That's ok.

What's not ok is another tank job against a Bengal team that we can beat. We have our flaws ( right offensive line, injuries, joe marciano, play calling, schaub) but we are still 12-4. We are division champions. We have talent. We have 8 pro bowlers.

I hope this game gives everyone involved from the front office, the media, the fans whether you are pro or against kubiak and schaub....

some sense of closure and finality. Whether we continue in this path or we start the process of making change.
See, I don't agree with this at all. This isn't "THE BIG GAME" suddenly rising up before them. It's not time to turn it on. I mean sure, this game is big and yes, the better turn it on or they're going home but the time to push the pedal down was two weeks ago against the Vikings and then last week against the Colts. Having a yellow brick road with a red carpet on it running through Houston to the Super Bowl was right in front of them and they did somewhere between Jack and **** about it.

In my eyes this ball has already been dropped. The kick is already wide-right, and we're just getting ready to watch the consolation game where we may, just maybe manage to stay alive another week before being put out of our misery in New England.

It didn't have to be this way. It's this way because these two have already failed whatever test this season has been. I'm not going to get excited about Matt & Gary blowing a huge opportunity and then winning a home WC game against Cincinnati before being destroyed again in New England. Beating the Bengals doesn't mean that they've answered any questions. It just means they've wilted enough to get a beatable opponent in front of them before having their asses beaten by the big boys. I'm no longer capable of applauding them at this point. Beat Cincinnati, then New England, then Denver. Then I'll be impressed.