View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013   #48
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ray Lewis Retiring: “This will be my last ride”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That was very weird. I expected more from him as a HoF player.

But I separate MS the player and MS the coach. His skills were obviously on the field and not so much as a sideline leader.

I think part of his problem as a head coach was that he probably wasn't ready for that job yet. IIRC he went from lb coach to head coach. Thats a pretty big leap.

As far as the greatest defense is concerned I give the nod to the Steelers. Keep in mind these guys in the 70's weren't as big and fast as these guys were on the Ravens and in todays nfl.

And I have never understood all the praise Ray Lewis gets. Announcers even saying they are better because of him. wtf? Heard that one this morning on nfl network. The guy was never convicted but neither was OJ. The guy changed his story so many times after the murders that it became a joke. Then there was the missing bloody white suite. Yes he is a great person NOW but does that excuse 2 murders? Maybe knowing he got away with it drives him in some way to be a better person and somehow balance the scales out. I do believe he truly turned his life over to Jesus and that is fantastic. But never coming clean will haunt him forever.

Fans are just as guilty when they excuse crimes committed by stars because they want to see them perform.
Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote