View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013   #46
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ray Lewis Retiring: “This will be my last ride”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Why didn't the Ravens defense carry that team to multiple Super Bowl championships the way the Steel Curtain did for the Steelers?
Uuumm, maybe because they had awful QB play for the majority of the decade once their defense became great. They went through several QB's with Flacco being the best they could find. They would have been to other SB's if it wasn't for the other great defense in the league for the entire decade which was the Steelers. The only reason why the Steelers beat the Ravens in the post season in several of those match ups is because one team had Big Ben and the other had Flacco and the other Ravens QB's.

As far as the Steelers of the 70's, I already mentioned that they had Bradshaw, Harris, and Swann. I mean, 3 HOF's on the offense didn't help one bit did it?? Lol! How you could even ask a stupid question like that when comparing a team that had 3 HOF's on that offense to the garbage that the Ravens have had on offense from not only QB's, but also WR's to help the QB's that were never really that good. Why didn't the Ravens win 4 SB"s like the Steelers did? Well there is an offense and a defense that makes up a team and to act like the Ravens were even comparable on offense is a literally a joke.

Quote:
The Steel Curtain is considered one of the top defenses of all time. Not just one man's opinion, but the perspectives of HoF players, coaches, fans, media, NFL Films, the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Never even once said they weren't right up there with all the best of the best teams. Never dissed them or disrespected them. You're reading what you want to read and making up stance that I never pushed.

Quote:
Heck, even RAY LEWIS is on NFL Films talking about the Steel Curtain as being the best defense he's ever seen. Matter of fact, why did they only make it to ONE Super Bowl?

But I guess YOU know more than the man you are talking about, right?

So yeah, your statement is asinine and certainly indicative of disrespect.

Well how could Ray Lewis have watched himself?? Kind of hard to do that. The Steelers might have been the best defense he ever watched. They were one of the best ever. Arguably were the best ever from a full decade standpoint. Ray saying that about teams he watched before he played has nothing to do with the comparison though. Not even sure why you thought that was a point.

And as far as as asinine, if you're going to act like this isn't even a close comparison and that the Ravens aren't arguably the best ever for one season, well you're entire thoughts here are asinine and so is your pissy little attitude just because someone is challenging your initial statement.

Quote:
Pay attention to the converstation.

Mr teX said "GOAT mlb..."

I quoted it and mentioned Mike Singletary.

Lawrence Taylor played OUTSIDE linebacker (i.e. "mlb" = MIDDLE linebacker).
I know what was said, and I know who "I" compared Ray Lewis to. I never called LT a MLB either, so why don't you pay attention to what you're reading. I stated that the only guy who I think is comparable as far as being the greatest LB of all time is LT which has to do with his impact all around. I already explained why Ray Lewis's impact was stronger though. I'd definitely put Ray Lewis over SIngletary as well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote