View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013   #68
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Earl Campbell: Team Captain for Saturday's game

I love this move by the Texans. I have always wanted them to retire the number "34" out of respect for the greats in Houston pro sports history.

Earl Campbell, Nolan Ryan, Hakeem Olajuwon. I wonder how many other cities have HoF players that share the same number? Retire it for history. Honor the number for fans.

Do you want to know how badass Earl Campbell is to the state of Texas?

In 1981 the state legislature enshrined a new member to the short list of official state heroes of Texas. Former Houston Oiler Earl Campbell, joined Davy Crockett, Stephen F. Austin and Sam Houston on this honorable list.

I applaud the Houston Texans for doing this for Earl and the fans. I wish I could afford to go to the game for this coin toss alone. Yeah, it means that much to this old Houston football fan.