View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: case keenum dec article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I don't know if it's just the homers on Case's case. This league is going more & more towards the passing game & it would make sense that guys like Case would have success now as opposed to just 5 years ago.

& being that Case came from a winning Div-I program only helps. I don't know that Case would/could succeed at this level. I'd love to see what Case would look like in this system, with the talent we've got around him.

I'm not one of the anybody but Schaub guys.... I'm just saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Now there seems to be, still, some who talks about Keenum as a spread QB; I just want to make sure that the basics are covered (Papal, you don't need to read further if you don't want to - We've been through this before.)

Keenum came to UH under Art Briles and he split time at starter right away.

Then Briles got an offer to coach at Baylor where he brought his new recruit RG III with him.

RG III ran an option read spread at Baylor under Briles; something Briles added on to his scheme to make use of the athleticism of Griffin.

Now back to Keenum under Briles.
The Cougars were actually much closer to a Pro Offense than the Bears with RG III.

Keenum was under center a whole lot more than you can find RGIII at Baylor.

After Briles left, the Cougars eventually phased out the TE and became more of a spread (like Baylor with Griffin or Okl St. with Brandon Weeden at QB.)

There have been plenty of QBs from college spread systems that were drafted high into the NFL.

In fact, Geno Smith from W. Virginia is another spread QB that might get drafted very high in the upcoming draft.

Also, Keenum was under center a whole whole more than Cam Newton.

So please scratch that system label from your book.

Thank you

Having watched Keenum over the years, your posts well summarize why I also believe Keenum given the chance could flourish in this system.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote