View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013   #182
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I've already explained that this is not true.

(Pulling up the archive, you can see that Vinny, CNND, and others talked about this, with reference to Quentin Groves - a Jags player - in 2009 who was quoted as he saw D. Brown telegraphing play.)

I just went back to that game in Dec, week 13.

The first 3 play, Brown was in a 2-pt stance, the Texans went with the pass 3 times.
The next 2 plays, Brown was in a 3-pt stance, the Texans also went with the pass both times.

Groves was just shooting his mouth off.
You are over a year too late.

This was posted on 12/07/09 by Vinny in response to the Quentin Groves observation thread. It refers to my post of our observation made on a date more than 1 year prior (10/12/08)........way before and independent of any statements on the subject by Quentin Groves. The next day is when I spoke to Kubiak. The games thereafter were immediately and completely devoid of the pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ts#post1021852 10-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Just got back from the game. That's what I have to call it.

There were 2 interceptions, 4 non-interceptions that no one caught but should have been (by the Phins), and that last long catch be AJ should have been an interception (but only because of his shear strength took the ball from the defender).

Coach decisions to go for 2 extra points..........should have been called after the 1st touchdown.............and when finally called at the end of the game as an after thought.

Time management?...........I'd say take away Kubiak's analog watch and let him have a dummy digital one.............oh, excuse me, he already has one on the scoreboard.

DURING THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME, VINNY POINTED OUT THAT IT APPEARED THAT DUANE BROWN WAS TELEGRAPHING OUT PLAYS. I SPENT THE REST OF THE GAME TABBING HIS OBSERVATION........AND IT'S A DEFINITE. APPROXIMATELY 90% OF THE TIME, IF BROWN TOOK A FULL CROUCH POSITION, IT WAS RUN...............IF BROWN TOOK A SEMI-CROUCH/SEMI-UPRIGHT POSITION, IT WAS A PASS. SOMEONE NEEDS TO RELATE THIS TO THE COACHES.

BTW, Gibbs on the sideline was so animated (pissed) most of the game, that he reminded me of a Joe Pesce understudy.

Yes, we won the game. But the excitement was definitely manufactured.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote