View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013   #180
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak can’t rely on ‘the system’ he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Again..... I don't know if reinjure is the word. He had a set back. He practiced that week as if he was going to play. They decided not to put him in on game day.

He will play this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He re injured his groin in a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Again, we don't "know" that he re-injured it. I don't remember seeing him go down like he did when he injured it the first time.
Chances are he felt it tightening up on him & before it actually "reinjured" he told someone he felt it tightening up on him or something. & they pulled him to prevent him from reinjuring it.
He was practicing all week, expected to play last Sunday. Before the game they decided against it. He will play tomorrow.
This isn't like when Arian pulled a hammy, got in a game, pulled it again & had to sit out a couple more weeks.
Or when Andre did the same last year.
Fiddler, if you were my surgical resident, I would be seriously suggesting that you consider going back to medical school. After his multi-week absence, Reed never once participated in a FULL practice before being thrown out there in the game again. He then was smartly not activated last game. Since his initial “return” he has not participated in a FULL practice (contact OR non-contact) to date. A “tightening” of a muscle group is basically like having a short-lasting mild cramp. At best, it benefits by a short rest and gentle stretching. MAYBE if you want to return, you place a light spandex-like compression garment over the area mostly to keep it warm. It does not require extensive wrapping. When you see a player come off the field, and a massive tight full-thigh 6 inch Ace wrap is applied, and he remains on the bench, that wrap is on there because muscle has torn and you are trying to minimize any bleeding into the tissues as well as trying to control any resultant swelling. As I’ve said before, and specifically with Reed after this severe adductor muscle groin tear (which is a much more potentially chronic hard-to-heal muscle injury than even a hamstring), practice (even “contact”) does not in any way, shape or form simulate real-time game stresses. He shouldn’t have been allowed to play in the last game he participated in. And if this were simply a “tightening”, he would have participated in the last Colts game. In lieu of still no full practice participation this week, when it’s all said and done, whatever the actual game outcome concerning his groin, if he is allowed to play this week, it will serve to put him at a significant risk for further re-injury.......and could very well be a last desperation move on the part of both him and the Texans, each fearing that this game could be the Texans’ last.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote