View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
The last time the Texans ended a regular season in such disappointing fashion Mcnair extended Kubiak because he was "on the right track", and he was doubly sure about it because the other owners told him so. It was assured that continuing to follow the right path would result in a juggernaut in two or three years.
well, if Maddict5's numbers are right (22-10), I think the Juggernaut thing is about right, but I don't remember anyone assuring you of anything, much less two or three years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Well, two or three years later not much has changed. The Kubiak led Texans still blow the big games (for home field advantage this time), but they were Incrementally closer again. In two or three more years it is assured Kubiak will have this thing figured out, and the Texans will be a juggernaut. Right? Right?

I don't think the Bengals game means a thing to Kubiak's future here.
Not much has changed? Being that we were on the right track, I guess that's technically correct.

We are the newest team in the league. Have you ever thought to compare where we are to where the other new teams are?

Cleveland.... who's better? Them or us?

Carolina..... Jacksonville? Who's better. Those teams may have had more success than we have so far, but where are they now?

Quote:
The Jags made the playoffs in four of their first five seasons and went to the AFC Championship Game twice. They’ve missed the playoffs in 9 of 11 seasons since. Meanwhile, the Panthers went to the NFC Championship Game in their second season. In 14 seasons since, they’ve made the playoffs just three times.