View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I couldn't disagree more. All the statement games, biggest games in team history, referendums on Kubiak, etc, have been played before. The last time the Texans ended a regular season in such disappointing fashion Mcnair extended Kubiak because he was "on the right track", and he was doubly sure about it because the other owners told him so. It was assured that continuing to follow the right path would result in a juggernaut in two or three years.

Well, two or three years later not much has changed. The Kubiak led Texans still blow the big games (for home field advantage this time), but they were Incrementally closer again. In two or three more years it is assured Kubiak will have this thing figured out, and the Texans will be a juggernaut. Right? Right?

I don't think the Bengals game means a thing to Kubiak's future here.
actually the last time the texans finished in such disappointing circumstances, they balled out in the playoffs v cincy and the ravens. the only reason they lost in baltimore was that they had a rookie 5th rd qb starting

btw since that dummy mcnair said 'the right track' comment, the texans have gone 22-10... but funny how the masses that flamed him at the time he said it never seem to bring that up

before i even clicked on this thread, i was curious how the anti-kubes/schaub brigade would twist it so its only a referendum if they lose....cos y'know if they win, they've already lost all those HUGE reg season games
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote