View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Agreed, it can't be proven either way, but let me ask you, can you provide a realistic scenario in which someone made the conscious decision to tank the season, and then made that decision a reality? If so, who would that decision maker be, and how might he have successfully implemented it?
They fired both their GM & their HC. That tells me it wasn't a tank job. If it were, they would have been part of the plan & wouldn't have been fired for implementing said plan.

Caldwell was fired, because obviously he didn't have a clue. Their GM fired because he obviously couldn't get good talent on that team.

The Roster has been almost completely overhauled. I think there are 19 people from last year on the team.

But...... the fact remains they are a bad team. They beat us, we played worse than they did week 17. That was their cleanest game of the year, no turnovers & I think one or two penalties. We turned it over twice & committed about 80 yards of penalties.

If you look at their body of work, game management won most of their games. They are negative in point differential and turnovers.

Just like we're 12-4 because of our weak SOS (I know people don't want to believe it, but we talked about this before the season, this is the weakest SOS that Gary Kubiak has ever coached against), their 11 wins is inflated because of their SOS.

Does that mean we're not as good as our schedule? Yes. That is exactly what I am saying. We're good, a better team than the Colts, but this is not a 12 win team & you know it.

Good news, is that next years schedule will be stacked with teams under 500. Our SOS will be .468, I think this year's schedule was .484

The Colts schedule will be .457 they don't get much of a break, because the Bengals won 10 games just like the Ravens did. The Bengals will probably be a better team than the Ravens next year.