View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013   #41
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Earl Campbell: Team Captain for Saturday's game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Eh - I don't think it's that difficult to understand. I know prior to his passing, Johnny Unitas considered himself much more alligned with the Baltimore Ravens than the Indianapolis Colts who he pretty much disowned after they moved.

Earl's beloved in Houston and in Texas. I'm sure he's respected in Tennessee, but not having any claim to Earl during his playing career, I'm sure he's not viewed the same way by professional football fans in Nashville as he is in Houston. There's a deep affection for Earl in this city. I'm very happy the Texans have recognized and will honor that affection.
Exactly. People will find a way to inject negativity in everything. They would probably complain about winning a superbowl by a field goal.