View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013   #49
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your opinions on Texans draft changing?

The last six weeks of this season has definately changed my thoughts on the draft .... Six weeks ago , I was on board with a top draft pick at NT/DT , now that focus has shifted to fixing a broken OL where despite Wade Smith making a probowl appearance , I think at least three positions are lacking in LG , RG and RT.

Add to the above the fact that five of the Texans top eight defensive backs will be FA's .... There are also needs at OLB & ILB due to injury and looming free agency.

These positions ....would be my focus in both FA and draft moves , I'd also like to address QB but dont see how with Schaubs contract and not having a premium pick to work with.

NT / DT has almost fallen off the radar for me , below is how I'd rank the needs going into the FA period and the draft:

OG - At least one as neither position has been particularly strong the last third of the season.

RT - Newton has been solid in pass protection but pathetic in run and screen plays. I like him as a swing tackle , not a starter.

DB - Both S and CB with so many possible free agents , you can never have engough good DB's.

ILB - James was a stop gap for a year , the depth has been hurt with injuries , both Dobbins and James are FA's. Sharpton finishing a third consecutive season on IR.

OLB - Barwin's pending FA and the lack of production from the position overall. JJ Watt needs some help up front.

QB - This would be my primary need but with Schaubs contract , a team built to win now and no premium pick or means to move up to one , its just not logical. Need to look real hard at the scrap heap of FA to find a viable plan B should Schaub continue to falter.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote