View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013   #38
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Earl Campbell: Team Captain for Saturday's game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
But all his records belong to the Titans, ergo he belongs to the Titans...Is this just some fascination that Houston fans have?

Never was an Oiler fan, lived too far north to catch any of the Oilers games, unless they were giving up a 35-3 lead on NBC, so I never understood the logic behind this. Yes he played for the city, but the team left, and took all his records with it...right?
Look buddy, I don't play by Bud's rules.

Earl Campbell never played a down in Tennessee, he played in Houston. To act like we don't own our own history and memories is absurd. Personally I find it absurd for a Titan fan to honor him or OUR history in anyway unless he/she was one of the 0.00001% that were already Oiler fans.

The minute they went to Possum Holler is the moment their history began.

Never was an Oiler fan?? Then why comment on something you clearly, and by your own admission cannot understand?