View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013   #33
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Earl Campbell: Team Captain for Saturday's game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Ok I am quite sure I am going to get flamed on this by why is Earl Campbell going to be a captain for a team he never played for?

As much as folks like to think, Earl Campbell is not apart of the Houston Texans, he a, and I hate to even type this, Oiler/Titan. Everything that is Earl Campbell belongs to the Titans, so why are the Texans doing this?

If it is to throw a big middle finger at Bud Adams, then by all mean, but if it is to inspire or motivate the Texans in some way, I don't see the logic using a player that has never put on your uniform....
They do honorary team captains for every game. Sometimes GHW Bush, sometimes celebs, sometimes former players. The logic is that hey cool, most people like cool stuff, aren't grumpy curmudgeons.

And no, Earl Campbell doesn't belong to the Titans. The NFL might say that for HoF purposes. But Earl played in Houston. We love him, he loves us. That's the real history.

So, no big deal, but big deal because EARL!!!!!!! Has nothing to do with Bud.

I'm not flaming you, but this is just basic history. And respect.