View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013   #11
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock: In Season Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I disagree with your notion that moving Reed to ILB will fix that position. IMO the ILB position on the Texans is one of the weakest on the team and most definitely needs to be addressed in the Draft. With Cushing coming off an ACL and now Sharpton (injuries) out for the Playoffs, after missing part of last season and most of this one, plus Brady James and Rudd (age) being stop-gap measures, we need to seriously upgrade this position. It's going to take a lot more than just moving Reed over to do it to. I know Ryans wasn't the player he use to be but I wonder just how much they missed his leadership during these last 4 games.
I actually think Sharpton came back too fast. He was not really ready to go. Cush should be relatively ready to go next year. The reason I like Reed at ILB is becuase he can be more of an impact player in the center of the field. Rather than getting washed out on a play, he can quickly attack the run and considerably help the up the middle run D. His pass rushing wasn't the best, but his run stopping was quite strong. Having a guy like Reed next to Cush is a great combo. Get Sharpton healthy and pair him with a Dobbins/Mister Alexander and that's a decent ILB group of 4. If you want to sign an UDFA or late round ILB like Bruce Taylor or Michael Mauti?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote