View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #31
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Earl Campbell: Team Captain for Saturday's game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
While I'm for anything Earl gets , it does seem like Bob pulled out the Drayton playbook .
So you are saying you are exploiting Earl for your TT username?

Why do we have to overthink everything? Why can't a lovely gesture that would make everybody happy just be that?

Earl is Houston Football. Houston loves him more than anyone. I cried when Bum came out on the field last year before last year's Bengals game, and I'll likely cry on Saturday.

McNair has honored Oilers in the past. I went to the Luv Ya Blue reunion years ago that McNair hosted, and it is one of my favorite memories. I met Bethea, Pastorini, Culp, Dr. Doom, Bum, bunches of folks in the way back machine. And they appreciated that McNair wanted them a part of the Texans, even if they weren't officially part of our HoF history, because Houston has their memories. They are our history.

(Robert Brazile looked like he could still play. Big dude for a LB, especially for his era. Ahead of his time).