View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #158
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak can’t rely on ‘the system’ he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Cak,

Do you remember us discussing when Vinny and I went to a game together and we both noticed that Duane Brown was giving away plays. I called into the Kubiak 610 radio show and pointed out that Brown was predictably giving away run vs pass by always taking the 2-point stance (upright) with every passing play and the hand down stance with every running play. Kubiak replied that he never noticed but would review game film. After that, the "habit" mysteriously disappeared.
I thought I debunked that myth already.

No, neither D. Brown nor Winston lined up in the same stance every single time.
There were times they lined up in A stance when the play goes either run or pass.
There were times they lined up in B stance when the play can go either way, just the same.

There was no telegraphing.

It just so happened that some of you folks saw only a handful of plays and came to quick conclusion.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote