View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #157
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think the play calling predictability is a made up couch coaches BS critique when they start wanting to criticize a team.

Now your second point may be spot on. I haven't spotted it but I will give two examples.

#1 - For a time period Tony Dorsett only put his mouth piece in for running plays and teams were keying off on it until the Cowboys figured it out.

#2 - Can't remember which RT it was but Vinny came with me to a game (this was several years ago so not current crew) and spotted he was giving away run v. pass based on whether he elevated his heel on his outside foot when he set.

Little things having nothing to do with play calling or the QB can jack up an offense.
Cak,

Do you remember us discussing when Vinny and I went to a game together and we both noticed that Duane Brown was giving away plays. I called into the Kubiak 610 radio show and pointed out that Brown was predictably giving away run vs pass by always taking the 2-point stance (upright) with every passing play and the hand down stance with every running play. Kubiak replied that he never noticed but would review game film. After that, the "habit" mysteriously disappeared.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote