View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #33
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Grungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blog post where I explain everything and nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Schaub looks like he is pressing some. Has made a number of uncharacteristic throws late this season, (1) and has been probably taking more risks because the defense has become more suspect. (2)Also makes some tough throws that people tend to ignore because they were completed...catches that would not be made by a lot of QBs in the NFL but what we've become sort of used to.

Schaub has been going to Johnson a ton because he has chemistry with him and Andre is Andre. But the offense works better when he can spread it around, and 3-5 WRs do not have catch rates that are up to Texans standards. They are drive killers, which takes away an aspect of the offense.

Schaub can be a streaky QB--both good and bad. Having good down and distance helps. Would also help to get more short fields just as an matter of math.
(1) I disagree that Schaub has been taking more risks. 1 TD pass over the last 19 Quarters of play tend to point to the notion that Schaub is not taking any risks whatsoever. It seems like when Schaub is rattled, or has low confidence, he generally goes into ultra conservative mode. Hence, all the 3 & outs the offense has been accumulating over the past 6 weeks.

(2) Can you elaborate on this statement? I am not sure what game you are watching, but Schaub definitely does not make "some tough throws". In fact, I believe he in incapable of throwing to the back shoulder (something he has never done), the fade, or to the sidelines. Schaub is most comfortable throwing to the middle of the field, which is not a "tough throw" by NFL standards.
"catches that would not be made by a lot of QBs in the NFL but what we've become sort of used to." I assume you mean "throws that would not be made..." Are you saying that Schaub is currently making throws that are not being made by other NFL QB's?

Please, Please, Please elaborate on this. I really want to know your reasoning behind these statements.
Grungo_Taco is offline   Reply With Quote