View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blog post where I explain everything and nothing.

I blame the fans. Yeah, that will be my new angle with this whole thing since I don't want to hurt the teams feelings by being too critical on them.

Then perhaps somebody besides the fans can blame the players who listen to the fans who actually believe their press clippings and what I like to call twitfluff. I think I'm gonna blame the whole messy, sorted Bulls on Parade charade. The season was cursed early on when we violated a basic principle of building proper football lore. Catchy nicknames are for teams that make some noise in the playoffs. Everything else is a paper tiger.

The 2012 Texans go like this...

Early in the season there is a whine that we don't get enough respect even though we haven't done anything yet - check

Fans and team adopt ridiculous sounding nickname for a defense that hasn't done anything yet - check

Team wins some games and buys High School letter jackets and actually wear them to the Patriot game. - check

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm not being negative. It's just the soothsayer in me.

I am still enjoying this season. While it lasts.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote