View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #31
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blog post where I explain everything and nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Good read, except you completely glossed over the two INTs... That's also uncharacteristic of this team. Two in one game... The James Casey one, looked like Schaub hesitated. I know all we can do is speculate as to why that was intercepted. Schaub makes that exact throw a dozen times a year & it's never picked off like that.

& I'm not a Schaub fan.
Schaub looks like he is pressing some. Has made a number of uncharacteristic throws late this season, and has been probably taking more risks because the defense has become more suspect. Also makes some tough throws that people tend to ignore because they were completed...catches that would not be made by a lot of QBs in the NFL but what we've become sort of used to.

Schaub has been going to Johnson a ton because he has chemistry with him and Andre is Andre. But the offense works better when he can spread it around, and 3-5 WRs do not have catch rates that are up to Texans standards. They are drive killers, which takes away an aspect of the offense.

Schaub can be a streaky QB--both good and bad. Having good down and distance helps. Would also help to get more short fields just as an matter of math.